From the tiny Etruscan shrew to the mighty elephant, each species deserves a place on this planet to thrive. But since 1970, as a result of human activities, the population of mammals, birds, fish and reptiles has declined by 60%. In only 50 years, a fifth of the Amazon Rainforest has already disappeared. Wildlife conservation is more important than ever before.
You will learn about driving forces behind the decline of wildlife biodiversity, and explore case studies illustrating bold and innovative approaches to global wildlife conservation issues. Case examples are drawn from government entities to NGOs, and from social enterprises to community-based organizations who focus on the following types of causes and initiatives:
- prevention of habitat destruction and other bold, innovative
approaches to climate change issues.
(You have the option to work with our partners in Seychelles, South Africa or Thailand)
Foundations in Sustainable Development:
- Leadership for emerging leaders
- Careers in sustainable development
- Introduction to conservation research
VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP COURSE:
(A) Guided and Facilitated Learning: (15% of the time)
- Project Briefing
- Discussions, check-ins and Project Review with your dedicated
- Masterclasses and Q&A
(B) Cultural and Environmental Immersion (25% of the time)
- Welcome and Orientation to the partner organization
- Cultural Immersion
- Context and Environmental lectures and sessions
(c) Independent and Group Learning (55% of the time)
- Project Research, studying materials and resources
- Peer discussions, group work activities and peer-to-peer
(D) Career Development (5% of the time)
- Career skills building, coaching, and insights into career
WHAT YOU GET:
- Endorsed Online Course
- Complete real-world projects to show your employer
- Access to thousands of international vacancies
- Attend masterclass lecture series
- Build global professional network
Join this virtual internship now offered in partnership with US universities to boost your CV and start your career in wildlife conservation.
Wenn du jetzt mehr Infos anforderst, bekommt du außerdem kostenlos unseren 20-seitigen Ratgeber "So wählen Sie die richtige Freiwilligen-Organisation aus" im PDF-Format. Die Check-Liste für dieses Projekt haben wir darin bereits für rund 30 Qualitäts-Kriterien ausgefüllt. Das spart im Durchschnitt 60 Minuten Eigenrecherche. Und hilft entscheidend bei der Wahl des richtigen Freiwilligen-Projektes.