wegweiser-freiwilligenarbeit.com is the independent portal in German language for flexible and responsible volunteering abroad.
We strive to make the volunteering sector better. We want to help organisations who have a positive impact recruit more German speaking volunteers, and motivate the others to become better.
We have an application process in place because we accept only organisations that share these goals. Not every volunteer project or organisation can present its projects on our portal.
If you want to add your volunteering projects to our site, please email us at info @ wegweiser-freiwilligenarbeit.com.
Please note that we take the selection process of our partner organisations very seriously. If you are interested and if you would like to enter the application process, it will save everybody involved time, if you provide the following information and documents from the start:
- Information on your legal set-up. Company? Charity? Something else? Please provide links to public online databases where your registration can be verified, or, if online databases are not available in your country, provide scans of your registration documents.
- Since when are you running volunteering programs? How many volunteers have you had already?
- How do you select the projects where the volunteers work and how do you define volunteer tasks? Do you have a written policy on selection criteria of host projects? Do you have written agreements them? What is the process of defining tasks of and minimum requirements for volunteers?
- Which of your permanent staff members speaks English and/or German?
- Detailed description of your volunteer selection process and on your volunteers’ activities
- Detailed pricing information.
- Any proof of third party recognition. This might be for example : prices that your organisation has won, membership in industry networks, renowned organisations in which your volunteers do the voluntary work, other forms of partnership, etc.
This is not mandatory, but if you have partnerships with reputable organisations it helps us to assess your reliability.
We are looking forward to learn more about your organisation and your projects.